Firstly confirm what resolution and frequency is supported by the monitor.
Decide on a suitable resolution to apply to Solaris.
Permanent setting - both command prompt and desktop (CDE) login
1. shutdown to openboot prompt
# shutdown -i 0 now
2. change the resolution
ok setenv output-device screen:r800x600x75
3. boot up
4. subsequently the screen resolution will r800x600x75 for command prompt session as
well as desktop (CDE) session
Note: the "ok" is the openboot prompt and not to be typed.
Temporary setting - Desktop login only
Exit the desktop (CDE) login - from the CDE login screen,
select Options -> command line login.
From command line login, to set to 1024x768 @75Hz :-
1. check what resolution is supported on your system
# m64config -prconf
2. select a suitable res and apply with a try
# m64config -res 1024x768x75 try
3. If the try is successful, and when prompted to accept it as the new setting,
4. exit the command prompt login to resume CDE desktop login