Following example is for a database named CMS on SQL Server 2000
1. Backup the transaction log.
2. Launch the "Query Analyzer" and select the database for the affected transaction
log (for this example CMS).
3. At the "Query Analyzer", type the following:
a. USE CMS
BACKUP LOG CMS WITH TRUNCATE_ONLY
DBCC SHRINKFILE (CMS_Log, 500)
b. Execute the above commands.
4. The SQL command "USE CMS" above is to tell the "Query Analyzer" to use the CMS
This is just a precautionary measure that you forgot to select the database in
the "Query Analyzer".
5. From enterprise manager, select the database, right click, properties -> Options
set recovery model = simple, and tick the "Auto shrink" option.